- Dr. Michael Carney, chemistry, received an award for $47,000 from Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. LP to conduct research. Undergraduates will be involved in the project.
- Dr. Doug Dunham, Materials Science Center, received an award for $24,785 from the Wisconsin Alliance for Minority Participation program. The project is titled “First Year to Second Year Summer + Research Experience" and will continue the 10-week summer program between students' freshman and sophomore years that includes student-faculty research collaboration in a STEM field.
- Deb Freund, biology, received an award for $26,000 from the AsiaNetwork Freeman Foundation Student-Faculty Fellows Program for Collaborative Research in Asia program. The project is titled "The Monk's Community Forest: Biodiversity and Ethnobotany in a Cambodian REDD project." Freund will mentor four undergraduate students during summer 2013 as they perform basic biodiversity assessments and study the effects of deforestation on biodiversity and traditional ethnobotanical practices in Cambodia.
- Dr. Jason Halfen, chemistry, received an agreement for $10,000 from Rapala-Normark Corp. to conduct research.
- Dr. Harry Jol, geography and anthropology, received an award for $2,800 from the Huron Mountain Wildlife Foundation. The project is titled "Ground penetrating radar subsurface imaging and dating of coastal deposits: Better understanding the past to plan for the future." Undergraduates will participate in the research.
- Dr. Sherrie Serros and Claudia Giamati, mathematics, received a continuing award for $26,857 from the U.S. Department of Education/UW System WITQ program in collaboration with CESA 11. The project is titled "Coaching Mathematics Learning Community."
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Faculty members receive grant funding
The following UW-Eau Claire faculty members recently received grant funding: