- Chris Buckley, University Centers, received an award from the Department of Workforce Development toward reimbursement for a new employee's "on-the-job Training."
- Dr. Jennifer Dahl, Materials Science Center, received an award for $15,000 from the UW-System/WiSys Prototype Development Fund. This program provides financial assistance for research and development intended to advance the commercial potential of technologies developed through the UW System. Undergraduate students will be involved in the research.
- Dr. David Lewis, chemistry, received an award for $42,250 from the WiSys Technology Advancement Grant program. The project is titled "Exploration of Warfarin Binding to Vitamin K Epoxide Reductase and Development of Warfarin Analogues."
- Dr. Jim Phillips, chemistry, received an award for $65,000 from the American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund Undergraduate Research program. The project is titled "Continued Studies of the Structure, Bonding and Energetic Properties of Friedel-Crafts Intermediates and Dialkyl Halonium Ions." Undergraduate students will be involved in the research.
- Dr. Angela Pirlott, psychology, received an award for $2,000 from the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues Grants-in-Aid program. The project is titled "Understanding Gay/Lesbian and Bisexual Men and Women's Sexual Prejudices."
Friday, January 25, 2013
Faculty, staff receive grant funding
The following UW-Eau Claire faculty and staff members recently received grant funding: